Happy Life Tips [Newly Married Bride]
On last 4th December, my daughter got married and two three months prior to that we both have a long discussion about her future life. Though it was quite personal but still there are a few points, which I think can work as the key to happy life for every newly married girl hence I am sharing it with all of you.
· Events, Functions and people of mother in law’s house should be kept on the priority list over the father’s house.
· Don’t make rigid views about any member of new family in early days because it will cover the goodness of the concerned person.
· It is essential to take care of husband but don’t avoid other in law relatives. Your care about the mother in law, father in law, sister in law and brother in law will also make your husband marry.
· Don’t try to find behavioral weaknesses of people at your mother in laws house, instead of that keep your behavior with them such that they start feeling that you are part of them.
· Take interest in the house hold works, after all a human being is known and get respect for the deeds.
· If your mother in law / sister in law is good at preparing some recipe try to learn that don’t hesitate to take help of new family members in the works new to you.
· Avoid criticizing your in laws relations. Keep it always in your mind, may the behavior of your mother in law with you have a good standard but still she will not like to see you criticizing her children.
· Avoid complaining about the behavior of other family members to husband, do remember he is grown up with them and hence have a soft corner for them. Your, this action might make your husband unhappy even though he might be aware of that weakness of the concerned person.
· Do remember the special days of life for the people at your mother in laws house. Greet them on the day with small gifts. Remember this remembrance and tiny gifts are working as the joining bridge between the hearts and will help to build a relation of belongingness.
· Try to be friendly with your younger sister in law / brother in law. You can do it by taking interest in their activities at home and school / college, talking with them about their hobbies and interests.
· If you are expert at cooking than your, are bound to be favorite daughter in law. Do remember before going for the cooking asks your mother in law about the menu, she will feel honored and that will help you to build an affectionate relationship with her.
· Don’t show that you are expert in certain work area for which other members are layman because it will heart their ego and will take away from you.
· Avoid talking about your father’s house or the dominating and decision making position you hold there because that might heart the ego of members of your new family.
· Don’t criticize your in laws while chatting with friends at new family instead of that try to highlight the goodness of new in laws.
· Avoid the anger; do remember soft and calm words are with power, even to melt stoned hearts.
· It is quite possible that at new family you might not find time for some of your interests and hobbies. Instead of complaining about it try to cope with the situations after all to gain something we have to loose something.
· Do keep a good space for the care of husband and respect for his desires. He will be pleased to see you mixing with family members but in most of the cases husbands are not ready to see this at the cast of their care by wife.
· According to our Hindu faith marriage is new birth for the girl, so keep yourself with time to get the same dominating status at your mother in laws home which you were used to hold at father’s house.
These are just few tips the bottom line is being open minded and keeping your ego & anger under control are the key to successful, pleasant life at your new family.