Saturday, May 12, 2007

Divorce : Some Facts

Ever since I have started blogging, I came across with various reactions from my readers, some were appreciating my knowledge, my writing style or use of abstract words, while some others had also shown their dislikes for the same. Today I published a story send by my e-friend Mihir Zarapkar under title " I Wish to Have Divorce" at my ibibo blogs and a reaction from my one of the co-blogger has forced me to think and write about this extremist action of the human life, to me divorce is the extremist action. For all of you I am quoting my co-blogger comment as it is
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ YourPharmacy
No Divorce! br/ Kya Sir AAp bhi kya kya likhte ho! br/ Just going on...
10:48AM, Saturday, 12 May, 2007
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know his original name but according to him he is, like me, is a kolhapurkar, any way his words inspired me to write something worth on the topic . I have tried to find some facts about divorce at net and what I found is
About 59% of America's population of 300 million is married. Although over 90% of American adults look forward to married life, divorce rates are still very high. During the 1950s, more than 90% of married couples would stay together for ten years or more, but in the 1990s, this percentage has fallen to below 50%. In recent years, many older adults have been getting divorced after they turn 60, or even 80 years old.
According to Korean government statistics, the divorce rate in Korea is growing at an average rate of 0.5% per year. In the past ten years, the total number of divorces has increased by nearly three times. That is to say, out of every 1,000 couples, 2.8 of them will
divorce, making Korea's divorce rate the third highest in the world after America and the UK.
The divorce rate in Brazil has doubled since 1985. Many experts believe that this is due to the 1988 abolition of a law that men could only have two divorces in their lifetime. Now, they can marry and divorce as many times as they like.
According to statistics from the China Civil Administration Department, 341,000 married couples divorced in 1980, 800,000 in 1990, 1,210,000 in 2000, and 1,331,000 in 2005. From these numbers it is evident that divorce is a growing trend in China.
In India, there are no formal statistics concerning divorce rates due the large rural population and incomplete records, but it is widely acknowledged that the divorce rate has greatly increased.
My self And Divorce :
My self a strong believer in God, have a trust in the saying " Marriages are arranged in heaven" can't even think about the breaking the knots which are tide by the God Self . In Gurbani one line goes like this " Banh Jinadi Thamiyae, Sir Dije par Banh Na Chhadiyae" [ Once you take hand in hand than you must keep it even at the cast of your head] .
This is proving to be longer article than I was expecting, hence I am stooping here only but surely down the lane I will present again this topic with the reasons and effects of divorce; the extremist action of human life on my this very blog.

No comments: